Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Greatest ________ In The World

There are three books that I read on a yearly basis:

  • "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens
  • "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis
  • "The Greatest Salesman in the World" by Og Mandino


(NOTE: I will usually read "The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe" every year, as well.)

I would like to write a little about "The Greatest Salesman in the World" today.  (From here on out, I will call it "TGSITW".)  I know that by the title it may sound like a boring book.  And to be fair, it probably would be a bit boring for my students.  And unfortunately, many people avoid it because they see "Salesman" in the title and think, "I'm not a salesman."

Believe it or not, it's not really about selling anything.  It's about becoming the best person you can be.  And, really, who could not handle bettering themselves?

With chapters like "Today I Begin a New Life", "I Will Greet This Day With Love In My Heart" and "I Will Persist Until I Succeed", it can be applied to anyone and their life.

So, the question I have for you is, "With what would you fill in the blank in "Greatest ________ In The World"?


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments need to be approved. Please only post the comment once. It will show up once I have approved it. Also, please attach your name to the comment, otherwise it will not be approved.