Thursday, September 29, 2016

Typing Top 5

I have been observing the students' skills on the computer lately and I have decided that they need some practice with typing.  (And not just with their thumbs on a phone or tablet.)  For this reason, we signed up for Typing today and I let the students take the computer lab time practicing typing skills.

To make it a little more interesting for them, the Top 5 students in both Speed and Accuracy will be rewarded with tickets.

A few rules before I announce the winners.  First, to be eligible for the Top 5, you must type for at least half of the allotted time.  For today, that was about 40 minutes, so everyone who typed for at least 20 are in the running.  Next, tiebreakers will go to the person with the highest speed AND accuracy.

And now, without further ado, here are this week's Top Five....


Speed                                    
  1. Billie (24 WPM)
  2. Skyler (20 WPM)
  3. Leka (19 WPM)
  4. X-avier (18 WPM)
  5. Cooper (18 WPM)
Accuracy                   
  1. X-avier (98%)
  2. Olivia (97%)
  3. Zach G. (97%)
  4. Holden (97%)
  5. Alexandra (97%)

Also, X-avier receives a bonus prize for making it on both lists.  Nice job, Mr. X!

3 comments:

All comments need to be approved. Please only post the comment once. It will show up once I have approved it. Also, please attach your name to the comment, otherwise it will not be approved.